Before you decide that you can’t afford to see a therapist that doesn’t take insurance, read this.
If you still decide a better fit is with someone else, Real Counseling Inc. will help you find it!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Many insurance plans have high deductibles. You may be among those who pay a deductible before the insurance company will reimburse for services. If that’s the case, you’ll be paying out-of-pocket even if you see someone in your network.
- Many insurance plans allow you to choose the provider you’d prefer to work with, even if you don’t have a high deductible. This will be outlined in your “out-of-network benefits.”
- Real Counseling Inc. can help you by calling your insurance company on your behalf. We will need your name (as it is spelled out on your card), your insurance identification number, and your date of birth. Both phone and email are HIPPA compliant and encrypted so that your information will stay private.
- We can provide a “Superbill.” A superbill can be submitted to most insurance companies as out- of-network providers and you can receive reimbursement even if your therapist does not take insurance.
After 20 years of providing clinical services, I chose not to deal with insurance companies directly. This allows me to focus on You! Your privacy is greatly enhanced because I am not forced to:
- Provide a psychiatric diagnosis for your permanent medical record
- Give details of your care to your insurance company
- Play the insurance formulary game (example: the insurance may only
grant a certain number of paid sessions)